Don't get me wrong, I love both of my full time jobs (one more than the other but who could blame me :) )
Well, this blog post isn't about how I don't have time to write, well, because I'm writing now.
I've had some dreams, some desires, goals some might say, for my company. I honestly have so much passion for what I do and dream about my business 10- 20+ years from now.
My number one concentration right now is my branding. I honestly want to trash the word "session or shoot" all together. I really want every " " to be more like an "experience". I was talking to my sister in law about Kleinfeld. Most brides would LOVE to have an appointment and try on a gorgeous dress at this store. Not only because it's now on the very popular tv show, "Say Yes to the Dress," but for the experience. There is a reason TLC picked this particular bridal bouquet for their show.
As much as we try to save money, we spend it when it counts. Those expensive shoes I bought or my designer purses have a completely different treatment than my department store finds. Use Apple for example. Have you ever bought one of their products? It's like opening a gift. I want my clients to have that experience.
So, I've started making a list of things I want to include for my clients. Here are a few.
5 things I would like to see happen soon to create my brand into what I think it should be:
- Own, not necessary a studio but, a gorgeous office space that makes my clients feel at home or pampered
- As much as I'd love to branch off and do Seniors. I think I need to focus on weddings now and forever. That's honestly what I want to do, so I should start now. I don't want to be a Jack of all trades but a master of none.
- Put together a welcome package that might include discounts from local venues, including a cute little planning book with recommendations (Reasons why I love a revealings, top 10 things for brides desiring great pictures, awesome magazines, etc)
- A free little gift. Steve and I have already started on this and are excited to be giving them to our 2012 couples.
- Thank you packages for first consultations- since I barely have time to write a post, I know how valuable time is